We are driven by passion to make a meaningful difference in the technology world. Our culture fosters individual talent, mutual trust, and a constant state of learning. We support our people so they can master their career journeys to go further, reach higher, and realise their greatest potential. We work together, but we also stand out as individuals who take pride in being part of building the future. Our people are innovators, competent, and confident. If you want to be part of an organisation that creates opportunities for you to grow your career, experience, and support your wellbeing, we are it.
Senior Networking Engineer
BC Technologies require the following services.
- Design, implementation, and documentation of network (LAN, WLAN and WAN) solutions.
- Maintenance and support (onsite and remote) of networks.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- At least 5 years proficiency in LAN, WLAN and WAN Technologies, platforms, and protocols.
- At least 5 years proficiency with network management and monitoring platforms.
- Preferred certifications and skills with the following vendors:
- Fortinet (NSE 1,2,3 and 4)
- HPE Aruba (At least ACSA/ACMA)
- Sophos (Sophos Certified Engineer)
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, defining, and monitoring access.
- Maximising network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Aptitude to learn and implement network solutions from new vendors and/or technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administration and documentation mindset
- Self-managed & self-discipline principals
- Proven passion for technology
- Client-centric and service delivery mindset
- “Can do” attitude and team player
Mid-Tier Networking Engineer
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Must be certified in the following: A+, N+, NSE (1,2,3 or 4), ACSA (Aruba Certified Switching Associate)
- Onsite and Remote support (including after hours) of network infrastructure (switches, firewalls, APs, routers).
- Onsite and Remote preventative maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Meetings with 3rd parties and/or customer on projects and solutions.
- IT Infrastructure Assessments.
- Project implementations of network infrastructure.
- Assist with POCs for new technologies.
- Vendor support for RMAs, software, and technical escalations.
- Documentation and revisions of as-built, diagrams and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures).
Junior Security Engineer
You will improve security by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks, and securing highly sensitive data. Qualified candidates will have a background in Security or Systems Engineering.
The Junior IT Security Engineer works closely with the other members of the team to continuously improve the overall practices and processes of cyber security operations. This includes analysis of security events, performing incident response from identity, protect, detect, contain to recovery.
- Minimum of two years information and cyber security experience as a Security Analyst and Incident Response, a good degree of involvement in Threat Hunting and intelligence, Security Operations Centre role, IT System Administration, or Network Administration.
- Security certification from a recognized organisation such as: Comptia S+
- Technology standard certification such as from Linux, Cisco, VMware, Microsoft is an advantage
- Basic Scripting experience
- An understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Understanding of a Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment.
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Experience with Mail Security and Web Filtering technologies
- Understanding of firewall/IPS/IDS principles and practices.
- Good understanding of the Microsoft Windows and Office security and patching practices
- Basic knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu/RedHat preferred)
- Be able to demonstrate excellent problem management skills.
- Excellent business communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- An out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for IT and how information technology and new technology can be used to improve the company.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems. Knowledge and working experience of Linux and Macintosh preferred
- Experience with Packet analysis tools such as:
- Wireshark, covering Network traffic and protocol analysis of security events from network devices, firewalls, intrusion detection, and prevention systems
- Familiarity with Security controls such as:
- Endpoint Detection and Response solutions
- Endpoint protection and anti-malware solutions
- Identity and access management (IAM) systems
- User access monitoring
- Email and phishing protection
- Cloud security, such as CloudFlare, Azure and AWS
- Experience using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and analysing log data sources.
- Continue to review and improve the technology solution or knowledge base allowing issues to be fixed on first touch and minimizing client downtime.
- Be a true team player, working professionally and constructively with colleagues offering help and assistance with incidents, user requests, problems and projects.
- Ensure companies computing facilities are kept secure to reduce the risk of breaches of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Continuous Monitoring: intrusion detection, user behavior, and other security monitoring.
- Security Development and administration: Evaluate new cybersecurity applications or tools, rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of cybersecurity platforms.
- Be available to provide reactive support to critical security incidents outside standard business hours.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Implement automation through scripting to reduce false alerts, manual checks, increase productivity and accuracy
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Identify and define system security weaknesses and requirements.
- Analyse new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure that tickets picked up are responded to quickly, professionally and courteously and effectively manage within agreed service level agreements (SLA).
- Follow best security standards and practices
- Recommending security enhancements to management
- Assisting with installation or processing of new security products and procedures
- Monitoring networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions
- Installing software that helps with notification of intrusions
- Testing security solutions using industry-standard analysis criteria
- Watching out for irregular system behavior
- Strong analytical skills with strong written and verbal communication with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, be curious, and ask questions.
- Ability to interact with BC Technologies personnel at all levels and across all business units and organizations and to understand business objectives and values.
- Passionate about security & technology, independent, and self-motivated to develop one’s skills and knowledge outside of working environment.
- Confident in presenting key findings and conclusions.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our dynamic growing company. To apply, send a covering letter, CV with a photograph to email@example.com.
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Strong command of the English language (spoken and written)
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- A qualification as a PA or in Administration will be advantageous
- Basic bookkeeping experience is required. Experience with Xero Accounting is a bonus but not necessary – this will be taught on the job.
- Previous experience in a similar position for at least 2 years
- Contactable references are required
- Minimum Grade 12
- Be confident and trustworthy
- Be able to work well in a high-pressure environment
- Have the ability to make decisions and have accountability for actions
- Accuracy and attention to detail in capturing data
- Able to attend to and resolve customer queries
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication & customer skills
- Assisting in answering the phone
- Professional demeanor
- Must have own or reliable transport
Perform administration duties including but not limited to:
- Basic Book keeping (capturing expenses & invoicing if needed)
- Maintenance of stock records
- Ordering from Suppliers
- Booking couriers & prep for couriers
- Assist if needed with customer quotes + preparation of proposals
- Keep record of client details and contract dates.
- Assist with Account Applications
- Assist with any admin if needed in the business
- Filing & Scanning company documentation
- Assist with any work from our directors
- Assist with any deliveries to clients if needed
Our Internship Programme provides young individuals with an opportunity to add workplace experience and knowledge to their skillsets. The graduates in the programme can supplement their qualifications with real work experience. We accept graduates who have completed degrees or diplomas in a wide range of courses, covering all aspects of Information Technology and business.